The National Association of REALTORS® calculates the personal dues of Designated REALTORS® (DR), the Broker of the firm, to include a non-member assessment multiplied by the number of non-members licensed with the firm. A DR with agents adopts one of two office policies that apply to how the DR's personal dues are calculated and owed.
Office Policy #1: All REALTOR® firm.
- All licensees affiliated with the firm are required to maintain their REALTOR® membership to remain licensed with the firm.
- Each Broker only pays personal REALTOR® dues annually.
- The Broker turns in licenses to MREC of any non-renewing agents before December 31.
Office Policy #2: Firm can include non-member licensees.
- Each Broker acknowledges that personal annual REALTOR® dues increase to include an assessment for each non-REALTOR® licensed with the firm.
- The association sends a revised dues notice to each Broker, adding the appropriate number of non-member assessments on behalf of any agents who did not renew REALTOR® membership by December 31.
Brokers, if you have selected Policy #1, please consider putting it in your Office Policy Manual.