Central Mississippi REALTORS® is in the early planning stages of hosting a “Smart Growth for the 21st Century Conference” on Wednesday, October 4, 2017. We are looking for presenters who may offer information on smart growth and proposed development in the Hinds, Madison and Rankin county areas.
If you have any “good news” or pertinent data to share with REALTORS® related to any of the following areas, please let us know:
- Mixed land use
- Compact building design
- Diverse housing opportunities and choices
- Walkable neighborhoods
- Fostering distinctive, attractive communities with a strong sense of place
- Preservation of open space, farmland, natural beauty, and critical environmental areas
- Strengthening and directing development in existing communities
- Provision for a variety of transportation choices
- Making development decisions predictable, fair, and cost effective
- Community and stakeholder collaboration as related to development projects
Send us your name, organization, area of expertise and a summary of what you may offer to our conference via email to email@example.com. Submissions are requested no later than August 31, 2017.
Central Mississippi REALTORS® is the state’s largest trade association representing over 1,800 real estate brokers, agents and industry affiliates. Central Mississippi REALTORS® is “The Voice for Real Estate in Central Mississippi" and serves ten counties of Central Mississippi (Hinds, Madison, Rankin, Yazoo, Holmes, Attala, Leake, Scott, Simpson and Copiah). Central Mississippi REALTORS® is the parent company of Central Mississippi Multiple Listing Services(CMMLS) and Buy in Mississippi. To learn more, visit centralmsrealtors.org or call 601.948.1332.